How does SaaS in healthcare industries improve patient care outcomes?
The Healthcare industry future looks promising with emerging SaaS trends and technologies. SaaS application development is cheaper than developing a standalone software with faster, better, and cheaper deliverance of healthcare services.
Some top healthcare SaaS trends mentioned below have helped increased usage of SaaS in healthcare which in turn have helped improve patient care outcomes-
- The use of Smart Artificial Intelligence (AI) Solutions has resolved the concerns around has resolved security breaches with a self-recovery aspect for recovery of critical data.
- Multiple Clouds Utility has increased its ability to store, process, analyze, and secure essential healthcare data.
- More focus on Security has helped the migration from Infrastructure as a Service (laaS) on a single cloud to enabling PaaS and SaaS to work together.
- Vertical SaaS has helped to focus only on healthcare.
- Increased Integration of existing business systems has helped to keep up with the growing use of healthcare SaaS.
- More use of PaaS for mid-size organizations has enabled mid-sized IT departments to create custom apps and include a software development kit.
- Micro-benefits from Unbundling SaaS have helped to improve missing features and strengthen the current SaaS products.
- Edge Computing places data centers closer to the points of actual use and has immensely benefited the healthcare industry
- The Pay-Per-Use model instead of subscription models for healthcare companies that offer temporary services has helped healthcare start-ups experiencing cash-flow issues.
- Increased DaaS usage has helped to reduce costs, improve business productivity and gain a competitive edge over others to boost their revenues through better customer understanding and engagement models.
The above trends have led to the following developments to enhance and improve patient care outcomes.
Increased use of Telemedicine-It has enabled patients from all over the world to receive equal care and treatment including, those living in rural areas. Bedridden patients receive treatment without leaving their homes and medical professionals can offer their services wherever they are. The technology behind SaaS benefits both medical institutions and patients to leverage the strength of advanced telemedicine software and hardware.
Easier Collaboration between Medical Professionals –Medical institutions with hospital management systems have enhanced the collaboration between different departments, all doctors, nurses, and medical technicians, and streamlined most processes without going doing the routine work and also collaborate with experts from all over the world. Collaborating with the leading experts with years of experience treating certain diseases and disabilities and getting a second opinion is invaluable to doctors and patients. It can often prove to be lifesaving, especially in countries such as Nigeria, where there are less than four medical doctors per 10,000 people.
Increase in Transparency of Medical Information –For better patient care outcomes and to ensure a better quality of healthcare, a focus on transparency is essential. Doctors and medical professionals need to have a clear insight into each patient’s full medical history to provide better treatments especially in cases where a patient is not in a condition to respond to important medical questions on their own. The transparency of medical information has vastly improved with the rise of SaaS and electronic medical records
All this has been possible by the development of new technological solutions and the rise of SaaS in the healthcare industry and more medical institutions will henceforth offer e-records to their patients.
Ongoing Training for medical staff with Healthcare LMS Software –Medical staff in any medical facility has to continue learning and improving throughout their career. Doctors and nurses can enhance their knowledge and have continuous training via their PCs or mobile devices instead of attending out-of-state seminars or taking classes. The healthcare industry uses LMS software solutions the most, and this kind of e-learning is possible only through the use of SaaS.
Enhanced Data Security– It’s crucial to keep patient and staff information secure with no data leaks or breaches since medical institutions today store more sensitive information than ever before. A reliable SaaS platform ensures medical institutions get the latest technological solutions to improve data security without additional costs.
Minimize service costs and time- Software-as-a-service platform converts data into valuable information whereby only required information, rather than to sieve the needful data from the chunk leading to increased, efficiency, and replacement of time-consuming e-mails
.SaaS healthcare software reduces the total cost of operations and provides a faster return on investments on evolving systems with its flexibility and long-term value for interoperability resulting in lower costs for patients and better results
Importance of Reported Data– Healthcare using SaaS technology makes use of reported data to analyze major consequences and process-of-care measures that affect medical operations. It helps in improving the quality, efficiency of care and can evaluate the effect of changes in the clinical practice and tweak the delivery of care.
Improve patient results- Deploying SaaS solutions in healthcare and developing new practices can rebuild patient results. Data visibility multiplies with fast searching and real-time availability. Moreover, the data is error-free and validated to meet registry demands.
Multiple reports for an optimized view of patient’s results to the healthcare IT team help in the patient evaluation for internal quality enhancement and assistance in day-to-day departmental functions.
With Software-as-a-service, the healthcare industry needs less staff and no extra hardware requirements.
Conclusion-Therefore, to improve patient care outcomes and enhance most of the day-to-day processes using SaaS in the healthcare industry is critical. The following are a few of the reasons why medical facilities need SaaS to be included-:
- Enabling the use of telemedicine.
- Ensuring easier collaboration between medical professionals.
- Getting access to invaluable medical information.
- Using LMS for ongoing healthcare training
- Improving data security.
- Improving quality and efficiency of care.
- Lesser cost to patients thereby bringing more patients in its fold.